During the current Covid 19 situation, classes are currently online.
For more information about our online Wednesday sessions, and our online summer clubs, follow us on Facebook or Eventbrite, or email us @ email@example.com
For links to fun theatre things to do at home, or links to live theatre, take a look at our theatre fun page: https://theatrefun.slowtheatrecompany.co.uk/
Wymondham Acting Club
North Wymondham Community Centre, 44 Lime Tree Ave, Wymondham NR18 0HH
10 – 11pm Mini’s (age 5 – 8)
11 – 12.30pm Young Performers (age 8 – 13)
12.30 – 2pm Youth Group (age 13+)
£75/£65/£60 You choose what you can afford.
10/11 Week Terms
Book us for one-off workshops in:
- Characterisation – how to access characters, develop characters, enjoy characters.
- Voice and Breath – using the breath to project our voice and be more at ease when speaking in public.
- Acting & Reacting – How to be natural within your character, respond to the script, looking for the action to find more depth.
- Improv – Being in the moment and collaborating together.
We use games and improvisation to introduce different elements of stagecraft. We believe that storytelling, imagination and creativity are essential aspects of us all; we strive to create a space where we can develop these aspects in a friendly and supportive manner.
Fun and laughter and hard work will be a part of all our classes and children and adults should be leaving our class full of energy and excitement at what they have taken part in.
We actively look to let the child question the world we live in. We have performed at theatres and outside venues throughout Norfolk, at Latitude Festival, Nottingham Youth Festival, East Anglia Youth Festival & part of the National Theatre Connections Festival since 2011.
As children get older we introduce:
- Stage presence and script work
- Performances to each other and to the public
- Stage productions of devised pieces & from script
- Projections and diction
- Finding the action within the text
- Looking at the Why in the movement
- Working on the breath
- Working on pace, comedy, tension
- Relaxation and concentration
- Projection and diction
- Touring: if and when needed.
- Stage management
- Effects and Sound
We expect group members to:
- Be responsible and turn up to rehearsals
- Be part of a team work
- Support each other
- Be positive and working hard
- Have a friendly and positive attitude
- Listen and be able to take direction
- Commit to the overall performance and not just to their own role
- Treat everyone as we would expect and wish to be treated
For those classes where Slow offers a reduced rate when booked in advance, a full refund is offered up to two weeks before the term start dates. After this point, until the beginning of term, Slow offers a 50% refund. No refund can be offered once term has begun. Cancellations must happen via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For booked shows/workshops, up to three months before the booking or event, Slow will offer a 50% refund. No refund can be offered for cancellation within the three months prior to the booking or event. If Slow has to cancel the booking or event at any time, then a full refund will be offered.